Overall, I begin 2015 on a much sounder footing that I did 2014. While 2014 was generally a fantastic year, the year ushered in many changes; some good, some not-so-good. In the Kitchen, it was a nice year filled with new recipes, I was somewhat surprised that 2014 included only one five-star meal. My top 10 recipes from 2014 are:
- Garlic-Lime Grilled Pork Tenderloin Steaks, 5-stars.
- Valentine’s Day Truffles
- Boeuf à la mode, 4-1/2 stars.
- Coq au Vin, 4-1/2 stars.
- Carne Asada, 4-1/2 stars.
- Sesame-Crusted Salmon with Lime and Coriander, 4-1/2 stars.
- Pernil, 4-1/2 stars.
- Julia Child’s Deconstructed Turkey, 4-1/2 stars.
- Lobster Rolls
- Coffee Latin Flan, 4-1/2 stars.
2015 begins the first year in the life of my nearly 14-year-old son that we, as a country, are not openly at war in Afghanistan. The last open wound from 9/11 can finally begin to heal. While not exactly the same things as peace; I sincerely hope that this lack of war turns into the first step towards a greater, and long-lasting peace. That the obvious tensions, both here and abroad, can be overcome, and that such peace be will allowed to take hold around the world.
Here are past year’s best recipes.
- review of favorite 2013 recipes
- review of top 2012 recipes
- review of best 2011 recipes
- review of my first year’s best recipes